technopeak is proud to report a reliable performance as the technical partner of Fazza IPC Athletics Championship under the patronage of Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, and IPC Athletics Asia-Oceania Championships 2016.
The IPC Athletics Asia-Oceania Championships took place in Dubai on March 6-12, 2016, followed on March 17-19 by the Fazza IPC Athletics Championship —Dubai Grand Prix 2016. The events, held at the Dubai Police Stadium, gathered roughly 300 athletes from around 30 countries.
technopeak supplied the hardware and set up and managed a network system for live Internet broadcast and Wi-Fi coverage. Our company's ability to provide top-quality on-site IT services at short notice helped the events' organizers select technopeak as the official technical partner. Despite high user density, diverse traffic, and inclement weather, the company experts ensured reliable performance of the Wi-Fi access points and the broadcasting system.
Facts and numbers:
- 10 Wi-Fi Access Points managed by Wireless Controller serving 500+ users for 2 weeks with access speed up to 250 Mbit/s;
- 1.5 km of cable installed to connect all devices in order to cover the entire venue;
- 2 separate private networks - public visitor network, and 2 companies’ networks for broadcasting;
- 2-channel video streaming system connected to stadium cameras for live broadcast by two international media companies;
- the entire system set up, supplied equipment, configured and tested within 5 days;
- wireless controller administration by the technopeak team involved traffic shaping for optimal load;
- the network system using Huawei switches, Enterasys Layr 4 switches, MikroTik core router, and UniFi Ubiquity Wireless Bridges withstood a strongest storm.
“The time requirements were very tight. Thanks to IT team, led by Igor Averin, experience, technopeak specialists were up to the task set by 3 days to provide a top-quality, modern communication system for the IPC Athletics events. The unexpected storm added to the challenge, but the system and hardware performed well, with the LAN operation resumed on the same day.” – Alexander Sokolov, IT Director, technopeak Dubai.